Adoption Services Specialist
|Benefits:||Competitive Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401k and Paid Time Off|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Is responsible for delivery of direct services to CHS or to other agencies' clients for whom adoption services have been contracted, and for the
associated record keeping and reporting. Responsible for public relations and education efforts in the region, and for outreach and recruitment.
|Duties:||Area of Responsibility|
• Provide comprehensive adoption services, including home assessment services, and pre- and post-adoption counseling services to CHS
clients, or to clients of other agencies for whom CHS has contracted to provide services.
• Complete foster home licensing and relicensing requirements for adoptive and foster/adoptive families.
• Maintain complete and accurate records on all services provided, and submit accurate and thorough reports on a timely basis.
• Adhere to Social Work Codes of Ethics or to the Code of Ethics appropriate to the applicable licensure/credentialing and comply with
professional standards of the Child Welfare League.
Public Relations, Outreach and Recruitment:
• Participate in public relations and education, including media contacts, serving on speakers' bureaus, working with volunteers and local
Advisory Board members on fund raising, advocacy, or public awareness events, and networking with other agencies regarding adoption
• Actively recruit for adoptive parents of special needs children, using professional and social contacts in the community, area churches and
civic organizations, as well as public relations efforts to identify potential adoptive parents.
• To provide service assistance to other CHS programs on an emergency basis when it does not conflict with primary job responsibilities.
• Display sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
• Perform other duties related to department goals and projects as needed.
• Maintain valid NC Driver’s license, adequate auto insurance, and have access to an operating vehicle in order to attend to CHS business.
|Qualifications:||POSITION SPECIFICATIONS AND/OR EDUCATION:|
• BSW or related human services degree.
• 3-5 years child welfare services experience.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.